Thursday, July 24, 2008

The BIG time!...

There seem to be certain times in a parents life where you can do something for your child that would fulfill a little dream...well last night was one of those times. Harry has always loved anything to do with farming and big trucks, as most kids do. A good high school friend of mine, her husband is a farmer. I had asked her, sometime, if Harry could see the combine up close. She did one better...Rachel called last night, we were about to put the kids in the tub, and she said that Ryan was working some fields close by and we could go take a look and possibly ride in it! So we hopped in the van and drove over. Ryan, Mr. Meachum :), was so very nice, he worked the rest of the field with Harry and Andy in the cab. He explained things to Harry, and he soaked every bit of that up! Unexpectedly, Amelia really wanted a ride too, and at the end she got to have the last run where the grain was dropped into the semi. They were working wheat fields. What a night. On the way home Harry said when he grew up that he was going to drive combines...and first thing out of his mouth this morning was that he had good dreams about combines...they were blue, his favorite color of course, then Amelia chimed in and said she dreamt about pink combines. :)


First seeing the combine up close.
He didn't know what to think...
It's hard to see, I of course left my other lens in the van...but he kept looking at all the things in the cab with such concentration.
Waiting...picking flowers...


Nina waving to them.
Harry waving back.




What a time! Thank you!
Nina's turn, she was smiling from ear to ear.
This was too funny! We parked at the end of some one's property. They came home and the kids and dad walked over. I said that my son and husband were on the combine. Then I look down at the kids...they look familiar. Then I looked back and there was Krista, a friend of mine from moms club. They were so very nice and gave Amelia & I a ride to see the combine up closer. I thought at that point at least Nina got a ride on something...Then of course, when Harry got off the combine, he too wanted a ride on the Gator. What an unexpected night!
On the way back to the van, I got to show the kids the grapes on the vines. We had parked right next to them. What a fantastic way to end a day! Truly I don't know who had more fun, Harry, Amelia, or Daddy! They all were talking about their rides on the combine! Thanks Ryan & Rachel!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Nina has YOUR smile...how sweet!

Lou said...

I just love the second picture in, with Dad and the two kids looking across the field at the combine - priceless!

Nicole Wickstrom said...

What a fun night! Boys and their big machines. Harry is growing so fast and Amelia is of course a princess...look out boys ;) Miss you all so very much ~Hugs