Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am so pumped to be a soccer mom!

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am that I am now a "soccer mom"! I tell you, I can't wait to get that little soccer ball decal for the back of my, yes, van! Okay, I never thought that I would own, much less drive a van, but, I have looked forward to being a soccer mom for years! :)
Soccer was such a big part of my childhood and growing up, I am just tickled that both of our kids love the sport/game. I so wanted to be the one to coach his team, but with not feeling well, didn't know if I was up for that, so Andy stepped up (with a little convincing). With not knowing much of anything about the game he was a bit hesitant, but he used to coach little league baseball, so he was up for it.
Andy is now loving coaching, he has a great team, all of the kids are so excited to be there. There are really only two dandelion pickers, which I am proud to say, neither one are mine! :)

So to brag a little...Harry scored his first goal their second game. The first game was a big learning experience for all of the kids...such as, they didn't realize that you only play with one ball. :) Didn't dawn on me that they would need to know the very basics of the game, but as the second game came, they were all revving to go!
His first goal was AMAZING! If I do say so myself! :) He took the ball away at their goal, dribbled it all the way to the other end and scored. It was great. I was yelling and holding my breath so much, I didn't get a picture of any of it.
His second goal at his third game was not much to write home about. It was scored off the other teams leg, but it counts...well it technically doesn't, we don't keep score, it's about having fun, but I will remember every goal he gets! :)

So, thank you for your patience with my rambling and going on about my family and their soccer journey. I'm just a bit excited!!

Okay, ignoring the action shot of Andy, whose big kids are those?!

Right before we left for Harry's first game! Goooo Team Lewis!!!


Classic.



Nina dribbling her way to the field. She is pretty upset that she doesn't get to play yet.



Number 5.



The teams first huddle.




Thankfully Papa got there right in time, Nina was really really upset that she couldn't run around and kick her ball with Harry & Daddy. The fact that she could be taller than everyone else around, she was happy with.


Goooo Harry!

Look at that tongue! Such air.


Second game...

Here is his throw in...


It went so far it's not even in the picture! I took my camera down and it took me a second to realize, was that my son?!


That smile on Harry's face make it all worth it! He's having so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAACK! How did he get old enough to play soccer?