We made it through the first day of school. Last year Harry missed the first day, along with about a good quarter of the rest of the school year. Hopefully his tonsils out will have taken care of at least some of that.
Both kids were so very excited. Amelia popped up like she normally does in the morning. Yesterday she had an added skip to her wake-up light feet.
She said, "I can't wait to go to school to meet my new friends!"
What a great way to think about a new class and new year.
Harry has entered the first grade, which when I asked him how he liked his teacher he said, "She's Perfect!". That makes a Mama happy!
Amelia is in Junior Kindergarten...and loving it. She just makes the cut off for Kindergarten age limit, but we wanted her to have an extra year under her belt, and to be honest, the thought of my babies leaving the nest one year after another, was/is just too much for us. :)
Good Morning.


Yearly pose.

Gave Nina one of my scarfs for her dress, she was tickled.




Principal M.


Harry's teacher...and Daddy helping with the window :)
(Harry told me today that a boy in his class, a friend of his, told him along wit a couple others, that he looks like a second grader already! I have to agree. Where'd my baby boy go?)
There were about 5 kids in complete meltdown mode. Nina was looking around as if thinking, "what are these kids so upset about?...and/or "should I be upset?"
***side note, back to school night was last night and a face was new in Harry's class, yet familiar. It was my last anesthesiologist! I introduced myself to him, he apologized a few times for not remembering me, I said of course you don't remember me! That would be a bit unsettling if he did. Then Harry's teacher said, you look very familiar, but I can't quite place you... :) ***

1 comment:
So glad the year is off to a good start! Go Lewis Fam!!
Post a Comment