Gosh.
I sure have been having problems keeping this blog updated lately. I have not been feeling well, as usual, unfortunately. Had yet another doctor appointment this morning and will have a large battery of tests done the next few weeks. I'm praying for some sort of answers.
That actually was not why I began to post just now. I logged on to share another sweet story, from both Amelia & Harry.
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. Because of Andy's insane work schedule lately and my not feeling well, we celebrated by cheering Harry on at his soccer game.
Here is the sweetness:
We told the kids yesterday morning that it was our anniversary that day. They both gave us such big hugs and wished us "Happy Anniversary!" all day long.
Nina pulled Andy aside and whispered in his ear at lunch. He looked at me and smiled. (we had stopped at his office to say hello after I picked her up from school). About an hour later we were home and in walks daddy with a huge bunch of gerber daisies. He told me that she instructed him, "Mama needs beautiful flowers today for her anniversary, one of each color!".
She also picked a flower (a weed really) at the soccer field and presented it to me, for our anniversary.
Harry told Mrs. M when she was helping him into the car, "It's my mom and dads anniversary today!". Then he told me that his teacher asked everyone to tell her something good. He said, "I told her that it was my mom & dad's anniversary today". He then told me, "I was going to say something about GTO's, but your anniversary just popped out of my mouth!" :)
I told him that that was even better. The fact that we were on his mind that much made my heart smile. He then at the soccer field, took my cooler purse and sweater out of my hand, held it in his other so he could hold my hand on my anniversary. There we ended up walking to his field, all 4 of us hand-in-hand.
So I guess. Who needs a trip? Who needs fancy gifts? Who needs to go to dinner? (well, dinner may be nice in the future :) but we have time for that)...when you have your children surrounding you with such lovely reminders of the day, all day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment