We have come to an end of an amazing run. Neither Andy or myself have breathed a word about it, it has been an unspoken joy. It's been just shy of 3 years, since anyone has thrown-up in our house...well, except for the dog and cat (not to say we haven't had our fair share of illnesses & bumps).
The funny thing about it, if there is one, Andy was the one that didn't feel good. He decided that he was going to sleep on the couch so if he was sick, he was not by me. So I prepared the whole area, got a bed together on the couch, all the necessities next to him, and get the bathroom ready. We say our good nights and off to bed. I wake up 2 hours later just after 2am to Amelia coughing...and then Yep, got sick. Funny enough she was the one to break the run.
What was not funny, was she hit her head when we were leaving Mema & Papa's last night.
So, there we were with a prepped bathroom, Nina scared as she can be and Mama & Daddy shinning a light in her eyes to see her pupils. We called it and thought she was okay, and went back to bed. She popped up this morning saying 'Good Morning!!', and running and screaming for the trash truck, as she always does (not sure why, but she pops up every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday morning...early (6AM), screaming 'TRASH TRUCK!!!' and runs to the living room to watch them go by).
So needless to say, she is feeling much better. As for Andy, he's still feeling a bit under the weather, as well as myself, I think it's due to lack of sleep, I hope. :)
On a, 'hands up in the air to Mama', note. Andy as well as other family members have thought I was a bit nutso, but it worked perfectly last night. With the streak of no one getting sick for so long, it was really an any day thing. So for the last year or so, I have put down a towel at the edge of their beds. It started really during the winter months, knowing that cleaning their rugs would be very difficult (they are wool). Well, her little towel served its purpose. Wish I would have just looked silly on this one, but alas, a long time of good planning stuck!
I have a feeling this is going to be a record winter with both kiddo's in school. Maybe I'll put two towels down instead of just one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment