We drove home and I was mentally and physically exhausted, but some how I felt energized. I think the concentrated time as a family, did us good. Such as, at home, they just run to the bathroom if they have to go (thank goodness, right?), but camping we are with them at all times. It was good.
As far as I go, I wore pants, not a dress the whole time! Stomach was a bit sore, but it was okay. It was quite cold at night, freezing for me, but that was really the only hiccup for the trip. Of course there was the rain, but that didn't feel like such a downer.
Don't tell Nina that Daddy was having some of her 'sucker'.
Playing a game, it was a bit like red light, green light.
...Meanwhile, Amelia was enjoying her soup. :)

Enjoying the time, while it was not raining. It was the weirdest thing. It would rain for about 20min, then stop for about 5. On and on it went for the better part of the day. Even while the sun was shinning.

Looking for spiders.
Thankfully we were able (ahem, the boys were able) to get the tarp up so we could have another dry place to hang out at.
Ladies turn.
My brother, aka Uncle Jeffie, got us this kite for Christmas. This was it's maiden voyage. It took a while to get it up in the air, two engineers later...
Bit of a fuzzy picture, but that's our little litter picker upper.
Ryan & Andy still working at it. It is a competitive kite, for us it was just a competition getting it up in the air.

Almost.
Harry, Matthew & Amelia having their own fun.
They had declared that they were the "dandelion detectives!" You could hear Nina yell out, "Hey, you guys!! I found a clue!"
....Meanwhile....Finally! It's hard to see, but there is Andy with the kite high up in the air.

Ready for another take off.
Amelia telling Louise all about her first taste of a smore! I don't know what got into her, she ate all of her dinner, which was new to her, and she tried a smore and liked! (of course). When we have smores at our fire pit out back she will eat her marshmallow, and the rest of the ingredients separate, and raw. Maybe we just need to feed her outdoors. :)
1 comment:
I love the ones of your kids blowing bubbles! Great pictures, great memories. : )
Post a Comment