Sunday, April 25, 2010

Short Week in Review, part II

*in reference to my post before last*

As a mom of a little guy that was a bit behind just a few years ago, it was hard to post about Harry's current success.
I didn't want it to sound like I was bragging, well of course, I am his Mama, and I am super proud of his accomplishments.
More so, I am just so amazed at where his is and how far he has come in a relative short amount of time. It seems like yesterday, he was 2 1/2 and not talking. People coming to the house, evaluating him and doing therapy. My gut told me he was fine, but my psychology background was giving me pause. Then came the one day. He said 4 words clear as a bell. Spoke in sentences a few weeks later.
It is such an amazing thought, here was our sweet boy, so behind that we had specialists involved (turns out he just could have cared less about talking, was too busy taking things apart to see how they worked), and to hear this past week he is doing so well, what a ways we have come.

So. I am not one to brag. I have thought about my post a while, before and after I put it up. I felt my clarification from where I was coming from was due...maybe not needed, but I have been there with a child that is behind in an area and even though you wouldn't wish that upon some one else, or not be happy for some one else, sometimes it's hard to hear.

Just proud of our little guy. :)

3 comments:

Lou said...

You have every right to be proud Mama! You have such a smart little guy on your hands. He will continue to amaze you each & every day : )

Nicole Wickstrom said...

All I have to say is, "Ditto." Harry and Joshua are so similar in so many ways and I am so proud of both of them. They are super smart, happy, and compassionate boys who chose not to talk until they were ready to...now I can't get him to stop!!!! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

You have every right to brag! So proud of him!!