It took us forever and a year to get down here.
Exhausted is not a good enough word for how we are feeling.
But. It is warm and we had a great day seeing family. We are celebrating my godchilds' baptism tomorrow. It should be a wonderful day. Seeing that the kids finally went to sleep at a somewhat reasonable time tonight, just before 9.
The first day of driving we didn't get in until midnight and our kids don't sleep in the car. Woke up early around 5:30 the next morning to get down to Florida. With the unbelievable traffic, we didn't pull into our hotel until 3am. We had to meet family at 9:30. With a full day of activities, fresh ocean air, and no sleep, we are spent.
I needed to pull pictures off both cameras. Here are pics from our pocket camera. They are the funny ones so far. A glimpse into a portion of our trip, up till now.
The first night, arriving in Louisville, KY. (the funny little gerbil's, I blogged about a few months ago came with.) The perfume from the trees was a good way to end the day.
Next morning smelling the blossoms with Nina.
Sooooo. Which way to 65?
Harry has been asking to use my camera for a while now. Here was his chance. Both Harry and Nina got to use it for a while. These are their pics.
Nina chose her toes quite a few times, as subjects to photograph.

Nina's self portrait.
And, back to me now.We all know how much Nina loves bugs. I find it so interesting how much of a reciprocal love the bugs have for her. In the morning Nina said she has an ant on her in the van. What, no?! Yep, there it was. Later that same day she said there was a worm on her cup. What, no?! Yep. There he was. No idea how they find her, but they do. No matter if we are across country, they find her.

Harry picked me some flowers.
Specifically for me to wear behind my ear. How could I say no to that?!
So I have teased Andy for a while about his moon series of photographs. Well. Now I have joined in. This moon was amazing. You can't see a thing in this shot, but a little you could see is it's size last night. For the first time both Andy and I saw the man in the moon. Guess that's the kind of treat you get when driving at 2:30am in Florida.
This morning. (Andy is the photographer of the gerbil's)
Easter egg hunt.
Madness. This broke about every public rule I have for the kids. So many people around, running. Kids wanting to each go their own way, in a strange place, much less state. But I managed to keep them to an area filled with colorful eggs.
Aunt Margie was down from Green Bay too! So nice to be around family.
Little Miss Lauren. Her little sister Lindsay is who is getting baptised tomorrow.
My cousin Adrienne and her husband Danny (aka Lauren & Lindsay's Mama & Daddy)
A quick dip in the pool before bed. 
Holding my leg.

All done.

Funny way to end the post. She was making the end strap go round and round. Water was dripping down off of her.

Holding my leg.
All done.
Funny way to end the post. She was making the end strap go round and round. Water was dripping down off of her."Look Mama, I'm putting water all over the ant!"
Still loves all bugs but ants. Not sure why, but a fact.
Happy Easter! Our journey home begins tomorrow. We'll see what fun adventures that brings. I'm off to empty off the other camera.
1 comment:
Despite the long time in the car, it looks like the kids did well and I see smiles on all of your faces! You are dedicated and I'm sure your cousin appreciated it! Get back safely and try to get some rest :)
Post a Comment