Friday, April 09, 2010

Stage 3

Beach, Beach and more Beach!

As the family pictures were hard to narrow down, so too were the beach ones.
The kids had so much fun. They could definitely be beach bums. Still finding sand everywhere, even at our front door, and we came home through the garage door.

Andy has been dreaming about heading back. He even looked up property at Amelia for a vacation home. I said, let's get this house together first. :) Something soothing about that place. Probably helps that that is where we spent our honeymoon, laying on the beach everyday. Was super cool to bring our kids there.

Harry and Nina have been talking about finding treasure at Amelia Island the whole trip. We told them about the history of the Island and the Pirates. They were convinced that they'd find the 'X'. We walked into the hotel and there it was. The 'X'! On a map behind the front desk. They billed the hotel as "Amelia Islands Treasure".
Well. We found it, kids were happy.


Walking on to the beach.
Funny. We didn't think about it, but when we drove onto the island, Harry was so confused. This place is HUGE! He was thinking that the island only had one tree in the middle. The fact that people lived on it was over the top for him. Just loved that fact.


Our family quilt made it to Amelia Island.






If you look closely on this picture, you can feel the happy on Nina's face. Even though I was beyond exhausted and it was hard to move, I had to race some waves with the kids... was worth every bit. Their giggles and laughter screams were contagious.







Harry wrote this with a shell by himself. Andy found it and showed me so I could take a picture of it. Gonna be a framer in his room soon. :)


We then showed Nina so she could write her name as well. (needed that so I could frame one for her too). :)

"Mama look at my fingers!"

Marks the spot.







Take a close look at the next series. Perfect Nina and Harry.
She is yelling/crying at him for some Nina reason in this shot.

Oh...there she goes with the shovel, showing her point even more. Harry. Not paying attention.

Off she goes, to figure it out...

She's fine. She thought he used the scoop of water she brought over, instead, it just soaked into the sand. Everyone's good.









They said, "Hey this looks like the fort walls". Yep. Made in somewhat the same way, same material.





Can you see him? When building the sand castle, I took a dig and saw something scurry back into the sand. There he was a little crab. Looking for Nina, I'm sure.



A little more difficult to burry your foot in this sand, but still did it.
Really can't wait for it to warm up here so we can head on down to our beach. I have a feeling, this year, that's where you will find us.

2 comments:

Lou said...

Special times! How cool to take your kids back to your honeymoon spot. I had better tell Ryan to start saving for Sonoma : )

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you went to Amelia! How fun!!

Did you get to go horseback riding on the ocean?