Thursday, July 08, 2010

Now that was a Summer Day!

We had a jam packed day last Friday.
Daddy had the day off, and boy did we pack it in for the first day of a long holiday weekend!
We woke-up, got our things together and headed to the beach. We ate breakfast & lunch at the beach. We then went over to the carousal, and then the water 'park' area (it's a place where water shoots out of the ground...fantastic). After all that we took a trip to South Bend for some quick shopping. We put as much as we could in one day! What a way to start the weekend!

On a side note. Poor Harry. The night before was a good night. We were wishing Mema & Papa well, on their trip up North for our cousins wedding. We were chatting at the end of the drive way. Our neighbors were walking their two dogs. Harry wanted to pet one, they walk all the time. I had a bad feeling about this time though. She encouraged Harry to come over and pet the German Shepherd behind his ear. He walked over and went to, and the Shepherd bit his face.
Can't explain the feeling. He was a trooper. Trying to reassure us he was okay.
After a few seconds the blood came. We all felt awful, Harry was scared.
Not till the next night, when we took the bandage off did I realize how bad it was. He should have had stitches, but it was so deep, it was hard to see. He's on antibiotic and is doing great! So proud of the little guy. We saw dogs at the beach, around town and he was fine. In fact he asked us if he could pet one he saw. We said no, that we didn't know the people. What courage.

You can see his bandage under his left eye.


"Mama, I want to do this for a sport! (body boarding)" Loves his board.





Our beach girl.



Goin'' for the seagulls.




_________________________________________
on to the carousal...


There used to be this carousal downtown years ago. It was closed in the late 60's, an amusement park really. There has been a society to bring the carousal back, and boy did they! They had a replica built and it just brings joy to the young and old. The music fills the air all around it.



See. Joy.





__________________________________________
now on to the 'water park' as the kids call it...




There are shoots of water that come up out of the ground, varying in height from 3feet, 5feet, and about 8feet. The change often.






Most of the kids, this was their goal. :)



That's me holding Nina in front.
So. All the shoots of water turn off in the middle and everyone goes a-runnin'.
I took the kids to meet Daddy for a hot dog during his lunch downtown. I saw that there were only a few people down at the fountain. I gave the kids the option. Go down now and go home soaked, or come back another time. Of course, they chose soaked.
Well I didn't know this happened. Everyone yelled "Go in the middle!". So I yelled it to my kids too. Bad idea. Those spheres shoot out water to the center, they shoot water with the force like a fire hose. Nina freaked! I had to go in and get her, which who could blame her! Harry. He loved it.
So second time down there. Nina and I stayed to the side. :)
(carousal is across the street)






I included this picture so you could see Daddy's bracelet. Nina made it for him camping, and he hasn't taken it off since. One proud papa, wouldn't you say.





Fun.
Nothing but...



FUN.

1 comment:

Nicole Wickstrom said...

I'm so jealous of your kids nice, long legs! Both of them look like they shot up a foot each! I was so sorry to hear about Harry, but it sounds like he is doing well. It's always worse for the parents (I think!)