Monday, April 14, 2008

Mr. Murphy is alive and well!

Ahhh, yes. What was I thinking?! I knew posting about the crayons was risky, but hey I took every piece out of that washer and checked them all. Well, so I thought. I went to get some clothes out of the dryer the next morning and I was horrified!!! No, it wasn't a crayon from the bunch that I pictured, that would be too easy, those were washable. There were two little buggers, that were the cheap kind, not washable and to add interest to the event, they were glitter. I have NO IDEA where they were stashed in the laundry. I checked everything. Sigh... We had let the kids play with them at church. We could watch what they were doing with them, and then throw them away. I guess the last part was not done. I can't even begin to explain the damage. Not just the colors from the crayon, but all the glitter. What a mess. I was devastated. I normally could laugh something like this off, (they are just clothes) but with all the stress around here, it was really hard. Soooo...Grandma Lewis is currently working on Harry's church pants, Andy is working on a few other pieces, and it looks like there may be a light at the end. Andy took the dryer and cleaned it throughout. So far, so good. I can't believe how much glitter there was...
So, Mr. Murphy's law is alive and well in our household :) Actually he never left, we just have not heard from him in a little while :) I'm happy that I can joke about it now.

No comments: