Monday, April 14, 2008

A right of passage...

Harry & Amelia got their first bikes yesterday. They were quite excited. Harry especially loves the fact that his bike has flames on it.."it makes me go REALLY fast!". Amelia loves that her bike has princesses on it, oh and it's "PINK!". I know, they don't have helmets on in these pictures. We have them downstairs still packed away, they were only on them for a few minutes. It was so cold outside. First thing Harry wanted to do today was go out and ride. Too bad it's so cold, he has a cough right now and I don't want it to get any worse. It felt good for Andy and I to see the kids on their bikes and to see them parked in the driveway. Could they really be old enough for them?!


Harry was having a little difficulty getting up the slight incline of the driveway. Amelia ran over and said "I can help, I can help!!" So she pushed the tire up and there he went.
Harry continuing on, with that help from his sister. We told her to put her hand on his back instead, that worked just the same (and safer!). They are cute working together.
Amelia had had enough bike excitement, she moved on to her staple activity outside...shoveling. At least it's not snow, just seeds from our maple tree.

1 comment:

Erin said...

When did they get old enough for bikes?!? :)