Sunday, April 06, 2008

Our Baby Girl and her first haircut!

Our little girl had her first haircut on Saturday! I asked her that morning, "Nina, are you excited to go to the beauty salon?", her response was "I go to the beauty salon then the ice cream shop!" Not quite sure where that came from, but she was finally excited. We were walking up and Harry said, "We're at the beauty shop, where all the ladies come to get their beauty!" . Amelia at first was not good at all, which we expected. Then daddy hit one home by bringing jelly beans! What a good dad, her favorite! That is the only thing that got us through it! The stylist was even able to put in layers so her curls would be able to come out more. ...And yes, few, she still has her adorable curls!! On the way to get her hair cut, one last pic.
Harry wanted in on some of the picture action :)
Yeah! Allll done! She kept looking at herself in the mirror and smiling. She liked what she saw.
Okay, I put up quite a few of her...I just couldn't choose which ones...it was a big day :)


This one IS a cute one of Harry...but the real reason I put it up was b/c of Amelia...look at her in the background! That is what she was like when we got home. It was as if she had a huge weight off with the hair missing! She was bouncing all over. She did get a little over 2-3 inches off, depending on where it was cut.
This one, just cute, no Nina :)
Funny face.
I couldn't resist taking her pic after church. This was the first time that I have dressed her in a dress w/o tights, just ruffle socks. She was too cute. Harry was quite handsome himself, but he is like Houdini when he gets home. He gets his clothes off so fast! I couldn't catch him for a pic.
This is an adorable story. Harry just got his first set of actual Lego's. They are still quite small and we have to make sure Amelia doesn't get into them. He had one of the Lego guys when we went to get Amelia's hair cut, and he lost his head. We looked for it yesterday and it was nowhere to be found. This morning at church daddy was kneeling and Harry did next to him and daddy said "are you going to pray with me?" He said "about what" So Andy gave him examples, and Harry said "thank you for the weather, and help me find my missing LEGO head". Well wouldn't you know, when we got home, there it was on the driveway in a crack. The head is the size of a piece of corn. Harry was VERY happy. Cute.
Harry wanted to climb the tree out front. Once Andy picked him up, he wasn't so keen on that idea. Amelia on the other hand, we couldn't get out of the tree, and she screamed at us for a good while to put her back...that one, I tell ya'!

I went to lay on the front lawn to soak up some of the FABULOUS sun. Harry and Amelia thought that was a great idea too...except it was a better idea to lay all over mama, not the blanket.

Hope everyone got a chance to soak up this wonderful weather we have had! Maybe spring finally is here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures!

Erin said...

How adorable are they?