Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sir Harry & Princess Nina

We attended a friends birthday party this past weekend. The theme was fabulous...'knights & princesses'. A great idea for all of the kids. I was surprised by Nina. I know she is always wearing necklaces and bracelets, but she doesn't like to be anything else but "I'm Nina!". If you say, "Wow, you look just like...a princess, or a caterpillar, or a worm, or a bear...", you will receive in return, even if she is pretending to be that, "NO, I'm Nina!". Which is a good thing that she is so firm in who she is...This day I told her what everyone was to be and she was so excited. She rolled with the idea and had a fun time. Harry, our go with the flow guy, always willing to try something new, was ready with his knight set that he has. We let him bring his helmet, no need to bring his armor, that just invites fighting. :)
Just before we left. Harry stacking the 'tower cups', yes the tower has made its appearance once again. If you're not familiar, we built cup towers sometime last year, there are pictures in older posts.

Happy Birthday Alex! His grandmother made the castle cake. Quite the structure. The kids then also got to eat the towers made out of fondant, they loved the sugar rush!



All Nina. A sword, truck and some cars.


The truck that is in front of Harry was their favorite toy (they being Harry & Nina). It was one of the funniest toys I have seen in a long time. It was a truck with speakers in the back that would vibrate and the song "We will We will Rock you!!" was coming out of it. That's one of their favorite songs. So to combine the two together...they were attached. Sometimes I will hear them singing that song to themselves while playing...






Look at that face!

We were driving home and were buzzed by this plane a couple times. It was dusting the crops so we pulled over and watched a few passes...really cool! (kids liked it too)

No comments: