Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Update...

***No pictures this post***

...well, thought I would update everyone from our last post. Andy's car is in the shop, waiting to hear what the verdict is. We were supposed to go camping on Friday night, but mother nature had other plans for us. We left for the campsite Saturday morning. I had a migraine earlier this week and have been trying to fight them off since. Andy has poison ivy all over, because of the said storm there was a ton of water and the main roads were closed (30 min. from the campground), then the side roads were closed b/c they were flooded, finally got to the site and realized that we had forgotten our coats, anything long sleeve for Andy, pants & swim shorts for Andy, the propane tank we brought to use with the borrowed cook top didn't fit, and the worst one... we forgot my camera battery!!! Ugh. I was not too happy. But what can you do right?! Well, the couple that we went camping with (Ryan and Louise) just happen to have a fantastic camera and they were so kind and let me take some pics on theirs. They will be sending them through when they can...I'm sure (I know) they have a ton to go through. So, when I can I'll update with some pictures. ...oh, and Nina has poison ivy now to boot! :)

In the end, we all had a fabulous time! Kids couldn't have been happier and Andy and I really enjoyed our friends company and being away from it all for a little bit! Nina will probably be talking about this trip for quite some time...she was able to hold and giggle with (well, with is really not the right thing to say...no giggling on their part), 5 caterpillars. Real caterpillars, fuzzy and all! Not rollie pollies or worms, although if they were the previous two, well we all know she would have been just as tickled.

So a crazy week wrapped up on a good note.

Happy Fathers Day to my amazing husband who is the worlds best father to our two children.
Happy Fathers Day to my dad (Papa), to which I was able to hold such high standards for my own husband because he was such an unbelievable dad!...and now Papa!
Happy Fathers Day to my father-in-law! Thank you for raising such an amazing boy into an amazing man!

Here's to a whole new and exciting week!

No comments: