Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An inside joke

Thought I would let you all in on a little inside joke around here.

My system has always been a bit 'tweaked'. When I had my surgery a few weeks ago, Andy and I were joking that they would get in there and find a little gerbil that was causing all my pain for years and happy to be let out. :)

Well, one of the days that my mom (aka Mema) came over to watch me and the kids she brought over happy meals. In an effort to get me to eat, she got one for me as well. In it, wouldn't you know was a little stuffed gerbil. I got a big kick out of it. So, now he makes appearances around the house, is usually in the car with us and happens to show up in random pictures...like this one.

We were at my parents house and Andy took a couple pictures of him while I was chatting on the phone with my brother (aka Uncle Jeffie). My parents I'm sure think we are nuts...and now you probably do too. But, now you're in on a little inside chuckle, it's nice to have one. Plus, if you see him show up in other pictures, maybe he will make you smile too!

Hmmm. Maybe we should name him? Any suggestions?



No comments: