Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Sticky good time, was had by all!

We spent the day on Sunday at the Gma & Gpa Lewis Farm (aka Andy's parents). Uncle Bill & Aunt Nancy were in town with cousin Beatrix. She lives in California and this was the first time that the kids all met.

Everyone had a great time and the kids hit it right off. I brought along some games, the ever popular nail polish and some yummy treats to make. Harry said, as we were leaving, that he will see Beatrix again, he was hoping soon. :)

Beatrix was in charge of making the Rice Krispie treats. She likes to add food coloring. Of all the years that I have made them and eaten them, I can say that I have never tried or thought of that! I then, as well, brought along some sprinkles to add. That got, shall we say, a little out of hand, but they loved it!
Nina really looked up to Beatrix.


Great Grandma Zander trying to see all the action.



There was a grand discussion on the fact that you need to butter all you utensils before you start and to use wax paper to press the sticky treats in the pan. Of course this conversation occurred because everyone was sticky. I then tried to lend a hand to help get the Krispies all in one pan, and yep, got stuck. All that hot air was let out for not. :) We all we entertained by the treat making.





Andy gave it a try, he too did not butter. (you'd think one of us would have learned)



It sure was colorful. I think just looking at it you could get a cavity...go ahead, go brush you teeth. :)

Sticky kid #1


Sticky kid #2
Sticky kid #3


Gathering rocks for the temporary toad house.

Toad/frog hunt. This took up most of their time. Final count. 4 toads and 1 frog caught, put in their 'house' made of rocks, leaves, bark & bricks...and then, released. The washer game that Andy made. Loads of fun!



Uncle Bill & Beatrix playing washers.


This was a tree stump from an enormous tree that recently had to be taken down. Maybe it's in the name, the tree thing. I know, no, just depends where you live. :)
(She was waving at me sitting over by the washer game.)

Show 'em how it's done Gpa!


A good time around the dinner table.


Beatrix showing them how soft the ground was and that that meant there was probably a mole hole.




It was great seeing Beatrix, hopefully we will see her again soon!

No comments: