Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

We officially have a 5 year old and now a 4 year old! How can it be?! No more, "Three please, because I'm three." Each year that goes by, seems bigger than the last. We feel so blessed to have 2 such beautiful healthy (for the most part) children. At my last doctor appointment I saw the PA and she said, in looking at my history in my chart, "It is a miracle that you have one child much less two, truly, incredible!" Yes, yes it is.

Happy Birthday sweet Amelia. Happy Birthday!


Thank you Uncle Jeffie & Aunt Annie. Amelia just loves her tea set & cooking supplies. Harry too loves the tea set, for another reason, because it is made out of old milk jugs. He always wants to know what the recycled things will be made into...and now we have something that they can see and play with.

Harry's official present to Amelia. He said that it was a duck. The two boxes taped together with paper glued to the bottom of each box for extra comfort, per Harry. He was cute, made her stay in the other room until he was done with her 'present'.



Some girls finally to play with. They were adorable, when the boys would come in her room, they would yell, "NO BOYS ALLOWED!!".



Harry & Matthew. Need not be bothered with the running around, there are dinosaurs to read about.

A game. I made some bean bags a while ago that the kids play with. I made some more and we had a game out of them. Big hit. :) The container that we used to throw them into came from Gma Lewis, Thank you! It was a container at the grocery store and she with a sharp eye saw that it could be used in play.



Amelia is WAY into suckers and lollipops. So as a good Mama, I had some as decoration and prizes. I knew that there would be a major sugar rush, but it's her birthday, it's a treat. Well. I didn't think about the fact that she would pick a ring pop that was purple-ish, blue-ish and make her look like she got socked in the mouth. But she loved it.
Look at those eyes...sugar town.


We made a bit of a last minute cake. We had been trying to figure out what to do. Initially we were going to put the cupcakes into the shape of a lollipop, but the day before she said that she wanted caterpillars. I thought, good that is even easier. So Daddy was up till 2am putting the finishing touches on the cake. As soon as Amelia got up, Daddy scooped her up and took her to see her cake, and a good thing that he did. Her reaction was not what we expected. "Daddy! I wanted a square cake with caterpillar candles!! Well. At least that reaction was not in front of everyone. We had a good chuckle.





Nina & Kate.

Ahh. Sugar.

Girls playing dress-up.

Nina, as usual was happy as can be, not with a dress-up dress on, but dress-up shoes on her feet and on her hands.



A beautiful gift from Daddy to his little girl. Four tiny roses for his now 4 year old girl. They are drying in her room.

No comments: