Monday, October 12, 2009

Opportunity calling.

***As a Warning, this post contains a few of my loves, my family, horses and a farm. Hence, there are quite a few, no, a lot, of pictures.***


We had a few opportunities this weekend that we had to make difficult choices on what we could and should do. Sunday's post will be coming soon, but as for Saturday, we had an opportunity that we couldn't pass up. We had planned on Amelia getting her first horse ride on her birthday, which she has been asking for for quite some time. That option fell through and my high school dear friend Rachel came through, but if it didn't work out Saturday, the next time they could give us this wonderful gift to our daughter wouldn't be until mid November and that is when I have my surgery.

Amelia was feeling a lot better. No fever, just a bit run down. We went for it and she LOVED it. I was surprised how she took right to it. With this being a new situation, being so close to a horse (pony), brushing it and then getting on it, I thought she would be hesitant, especially with being sick. But, nope, she was great!! I'll let the pictures show you. :)


On the way to the farm. You can see in her eyes, not feeling tip-top. She was wearing one of her favorite sweaters, the one Aunt Annie knit for her! Ready in style.

In was an incredibly gorgeous day, we couldn't have asked for more...well, for Nina to be well and a tad bit warmer, but the colors were amazing!




Seeing the inside of the horse barn.


Brushing Smoky Joe.

Even Harry got into it. Keeping one hand 'safe' of course.

I gave a go at a double french braid.


What a beautiful boy. Zack, Rachel's middle child. Cutie.


Getting ready.

Almost time.

(I could not get over that sky!)

Here we go. Not sure who was more excited me or Nina....or their dog, he was such a happy thing.

Andy and I got a kick out of this shot that he took. You think I was excited, wringing my hands...


Precious smile. Worth it all.


Doesn't she just 'fit'.
Daddy's turn to walk around. I loved this with Nina's pom pom hat sticking out his back pocket. What a dad.

Rachel's youngest, Grant.



We were so proud of Harry. He was offered a ride and he said no. We told him, this is an opportunity that you don't get very often, you should give it a try. He did...and he did Great! Got the horse to stop and everything!



What a big boy! He doesn't even like being on Daddy's shoulders, so this was big.

I think we need a horse. :) Right?!

Grace, Rachel's oldest. Nina holding the rein this time!

Gorgeous.

Barn cat.
We also were given the opportunity, like last year, to pick some apples. Thank you so very much Rachel & Ryan!! (Andy took this picture, good eye!)

...and some apples we picked, honey crisps and all! Rachel lent us a cooler as well that we filled up. Yum. And with that, we have been making apple sauce ever since.

Goin' home. Tuckered out. A bit much for her, but I think worth it!

Funny smile. Who is that big boy?! Still fighting for energy, but again, worth it!

2 comments:

Lou said...

What amazing pictures! The perfect day. I think, I like the 'pom pom hat Daddy' picture the best.'

The Suitors said...

Wow! That is so awesome Jeanine! So was this Rachel Z's family and kids? How cool - they look like they had such a great time!