Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am back!

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and prayers, I definitely felt them. Surgery went well and I came out of it a lot better than a few months ago. They almost kept me last night as well but I wanted to go, Harry lost his first tooth at school yesterday!!
My blood pressure was pretty low and wanted to stay that way 92/50. My hemoglobin is 9, and I am so itchy. Today about the same, except I was able to add swollen to that wonderful list and a bit of difficulty swallowing. Fabulous. :)
I can't complain though, it went well, now I am waiting to see how much better I feel after the recovery period. Which looks like that will be around 6 weeks.

Thank you again to everyone for ALL your support. I see that Andy wrote this in his previous post, but it's worth saying again...I printed out all of the wonderful wishes from all of you and took them with me. It put me a bit at ease.


A sweet story. The night before we went in for surgery, we went to Mass. There were not many people, it being a Wednesday night. The priest in the middle of the Mass asked if there were any prayers that people wanted to share. This is usually meant to be said to yourself due to the large number of people on Sundays. Anyway... About 4 people had said some things, and then my amazing son stood on the kneeler and spoke up, "Pray for my Mama, she's having surgery tomorrow." I couldn't believe it. I was already a wreck at that point, he just opened the flood gates!
The priest then after church blessed me and talked with Andy and me. I finally felt at peace and at ease. So, going in, I felt good.

Today both of them have been coming in our bedroom to check on me. One of the first things out of Harry's mouth this morning was, "How are you feeling Mama?". Nina kept running in to give kisses and snuggles.

I truly am feeling blessed, In quite a bit of pain, but blessed!

Hopefully I can post some fun pictures soon! Especially since Harry lost his second tooth tonight!! Yep, got a few pictures of him working on it. He was so thrilled about the tooth fairy bringing him money, he wanted to get the second one out.

Hope all is well where ever you are, Thank you again!!
Much love,
Jeanine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling so good! 6 weeks will be here and gone before you know it! :)