Tuesday, November 24, 2009

YaaaHooooEeee!!!!!

So the day started out with feeling itchy basically from head to toe. Trouble swallowing still, Trouble getting out of bed with the incisions. To add insult to injury, got a bug bite, the last remaining mosquito managed to find my face. The only thing that helps that doesn't knock me out or make me feel silly is a heating pad, which makes the rash worse.

My mom stopped by to see how I was feeling. Hanging in there.

Door bell rang. One of my mom friends. Brought some chocolate. Very sweet of her, she has a lot on her plate, so nice to take a moment out for me.

Door bell rang again an hour later. One of Harry's classmates mom brought an amazing dinner, amazing dinner. I felt very blessed. Such a kind thing for her to do, so thoughtful. She didn't have to go through so much trouble.
My mom left. I took a pain killer, feeling quite sore.

The door bell rang again. At this point it was almost 8 'o'clock.
I heard Andy, his excitement and then I heard foot steps down the hallway, ones that sounded familiar, but distant memory familiar.
Around the corner of our bedroom door...there is
my BROTHER!!!!!

***Tears***

What an incredible amazing loving brother I have. He flew all the way from New Mexico to surprise me and spend a few days with me. He took my breath away, and added tears to my eyes. Harry was so excited, "Uncle Jeffie!!" Nina, wasn't shy she hung around as well.

I love my brother. I don't get to see him all that often, with him living so far away as well as traveling so much. Words cannot express what this means. Well maybe...

YaaaaHooooEeeeee!!!

Wish I was more mobile and not so itchy, but what a thankful thanksgiving this will be indeed!!!!

Thanks Big Bro!

YaaaaHoooEeeeeeeee!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just brought chills and tears! Tell Jeff I said hello!!

Lou said...

Wow! What a wonderful Thanksgiving surprise. : )