Monday, November 02, 2009

Pumpkin picking of sorts.

Well. Pumpkin picking wasn't exactly as I had hoped. Not much of a photo opportunity, or it was, depending on how you look at the situation. As I've posted, way too much about on here, we all have been sick. One more than the other. Our pumpkin picking days were getting numbered and we were now the day before Halloween without a pumpkin to carve. The kids had their small ones from their field trip, but that was it.

The day before Halloween was wicked. The wind was fierce and the rain even worse. It was like one of those really blustery snowy days in winter, but rain instead. We decided to pick some pumpkins up, not knowing what the next day would bring, and the next day being Halloween we wanted to be carving not running around town.

Andy took each one out in the pouring rain to pick their own pumpkin. They had a blast. A memory that will stick with us. So, not the pumpkin picking pictures that I expected, but around here, I guess I should have expected it! What fun!


Daddy braving the rain.


I put up one of the kids umbrellas so the camera wouldn't get ruined. They couldn't take their umbrellas out because they would have become inside out.


If you look at the window you can see the rain pounding the glass.





Nina wanted a little extra time picking hers out.

No comments: