I finally convinced her that it needed to go back home to find someplace for the winter to stay. She agreed. I then said "let's go wash your hands". But a problem. Andy was working on the facets outside and had the water turned off. I have never been so creative with an anti-bacterial pump and baby wipes (yes, we still have some kicking around!).
Later we showed pictures to Mema & Papa and they said are you sure that isn't a snail? So, after some research, it was a slug. Which, we have now quite a bit of knowledge on the topic, a slug and snail are the exact same. A slug has just evolved to not have to have a shell. They both also live for 5-10 years! There was one that was reported to have lived 15 years. Now all of you can carry around the same knowledge. :)
In closing. After Nina put the slug back, these are some of the things she said.
Nina: "His tummy was dirty"
Mama: "Yep."
Nina: "How about next time he wakes up we wash him?"
Mama: "Okay"
Nina: "I'm going to make him my friend, he was so cute."
****there are a few slimy pictures, if you're a queasy type, beware.****
2 comments:
Nina needs to go to Seattle, the slugs out there are HUGE!
Oh boy would I have problems with that...you are a good mama because I would be somehow "preoccupied" far, far away inside. I'm still dreading the day that he picks up a worm....blech :p
Post a Comment