Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Better, just a bit.

Thought I would update from my last post. I am feeling a bit better, not physically all that much, but my mind is in a better place.

I am getting around a bit, but as this process and as things seem to go for me, I am having more complications. Andy is taking me in to the doctor again in just a few.

Harry and I have been playing war with cards. Have finished a few games too! I'm ahead of him right now. I don't think that I've ever finished a game of war much less a few. Harry has also been playing chess. With anyone that will play with him, and at last resort, will play against himself.

Amelia has been joining me for snuggles and movie time in bed. She calls it camping in Mama & Daddy's room. "Girls Only! Right Mama?!". She has a little lap table that we have stocked full of crayons and paper.

They both are stopped up with the green conjested 'tis the season colds.

Andy has taken on so much. He has an enourmous amount of work at work much less at home and has really been doing great.

So that's a wrap up of us right now. A bit better than the last post.
Still in pain, but doing what I can. Am feeling very warm with all the support that has come from friends and family. It has been a big help. It's been hard to let go of the control. Feeling uncomfortable about things not being in their place around here when someone comes over. I truly cannot do anything about it. "It is what it is" as my grandmother says. And as a good friend said to me before surgery, as I was emotional about all that needed to be done before I went down (being the day before surgery).
She said to me, "Everyone has mess in their lives. Life isn't always nice and clean. Sometimes there are times in our lives that things get dirty. Let go of it. It's just a mess. You can always clean it later. As long as your basic's are taken care of, that's what you need to concern yourself with."
I've drawn from that a lot lately. I'm not a neat freak by any means, but I do like to have things picked up a little bit. Then I have to take a breath and remind myself I can't. If I push myself this recovery time will just be doubled and be worse on my family then a pillow on the floor and laundry in baskets all around.

So. I am hopeful that my appoinment today will be okay. A bit nervous. Things have been so odd, par for my course, but odd. We'll see.

Oh. And a good thing. I have some great pictures to share, hopefully on the next post. On my brothers last day here I was finally able to get a shot of him with Harry and Nina.

A bit better, I'll take what I can get.

No comments: