Went to the doctors office. Too much of a common sentence lately. For the complications I'd previously mentioned.
Andy had to help me walk in. When the nurse asked the pain 1-10 question.
I said, " About a 6".
He then piped up. "6! What?! Just like at the ER, you need to let them know how bad this is. (I had said an 8 then, he then as well piped up the same)
"Last night when I had to help you because you couldn't lift your legs and walk from the hallway to the chair, was that a 6??!!"
I then said, "No, that was an 8, but right now I'm about a 6"
Andy responded that this didn't work out on averages.
The nurse laughed and said, "You've got a point big guy".
We then were waiting for the doctor.
Andy then, again, brought up the pain/number question. He said, "You need to let them know how bad this is."
I then said, "But it could always be worse."
Okay here comes the funny part that really caused me much pain b/c I was laughing so hard and my incisions did not appreciate the laughing...
"When you go into the doctor and they ask you the number question and you say 10. They're not going to punch you in the face and say, well, now how do you feel?!"
I kept laughing so hard about that. He has a way of always making me laugh when I don't feel good. Usually not what I need or can handle, but that is his knee jerk reaction. I love this guy.
Funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment