Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Sampler

This year we made the kids Valentines cards with them. Nina, being fond of bugs and lizards, there is not much to choose from. Harry, liking anything Star Wars, I couldn't find much either.
It was a whole lot of fun, and the kids really liked being such a part of the cards. They were very proud. Harry let the kids pick which ones they wanted, and Nina. Poor Nina. Her party was cancelled, they had a snow day on her party day. The next day they have class is Ash Wednesday, which is not a day for a party. So, hopefully they will still exchange them, they are 4 year olds, after all. :)

Nina's.
Buzz, Buzz, Buzz is actually the name of one of her favorite songs. Andy and I have always liked the Mighty Blue Kings, little did we know that we'd be sharing the songs with our kids, and they'd like them just as much! It was fitting that we would put it on her 'bug' valentines.


She kept signing with an 'M' instead of 'N' for Nina. This was the first time that she has actively worked on writing her name. She did quite well, and had a whole lot more patience than Harry did at this age.


Harry's Star Wars cards. They were fun for Andy and Harry to come up with. Me, I did my part, but my knowledge of all things Star Wars, is little. In fact, one of the pictures Andy had, I said to him, "You can't put that one on there, they won't know who that is...it's so dark"
Andy looked at me in shock, "That's Obi-Wan Kenobi". We called Harry into the office to take a look. "Harry, who's that?" Without a pause..."Obi-Wan Kenobi". Well. So much for what I know. :)


This one was Andy's favorite.
It sure was fun to do together. Harry's, I started cutting out with a straight edge, but he wanted the 'cool spiky edges'. Usually these things turn out, with good intentions, but a bit chaotic. Not this time. We all had a part, and enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Nicole Wickstrom said...

Oh Jeanine, they turned out awesome! And what a fun family activity!