Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fog

Went to friends of ours going away party. He is the head of the coast guard here (Chief?). Their time here is up and are heading to their next post in a couple weeks, Florida.
When we were driving there the fog was rolling in heavy.
They live on the channel. Spectacular.

(On a side note. I gave them the picture that I took for my brother, of the pier. No one has been able to truly see what it took to get that picture...until now. Matt is a very calm person, reminds me a bit of my dad. He took one look at the picture and asked, "Where were you when you took this?!?" I told him on the south pier. He looked at me. Looked at the picture. Looked at me. Then the picture. "I'm sure I was cursing at you that day. I probably told the boys, suit up, we're headed out for a rescue." He then showed it to another fellow coast guard buddy, who apparently also takes pictures. He looked at it and looked at me...same as Matt. Asked where I was standing. I told him. (he said, "I wouldn't have taken this picture where you were.") I said, "My husband was not too happy with me either, but I told him I don't have a telephoto lens. Now I do." They got a chuckle out of that.
When I took the picture, it was pretty much the last one that I got because I got pushed back off my feet by a huge wave. Guess it was the one that was in the picture. The two of them, with their knowledge of the water, were analyzing the size of the squall coming my way. First they said 6-7 feet. Then, "NO. That was at least a 12footer! Look at it with the lighthouse..."
I won't do that again.

If you'd like a refresher on the picture I took, it's located in the archive section on the right side of this page. It's under January 2008 "let the holiday pictures roll in!". That is the actual picture Matt was looking at. Some other spectacular water pics from that same day, are in the Dec 2007 "pictures, pictures & more pictures". It was a Christmas present, so that is why there was a bunch of time between posts. (I'd put a link on here, but as of right now, don't know how, tech support is out of the office). :)







Starting to clear up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember being so mad at you too for taking that picture!! What a great memory though!!!