Saturday, May 01, 2010

A Privilege

Little Matt Koss is married!
I got the privilege and honor to photograph Matt & Cori's wedding. Matt is in the Navy, they are leaving for Florida this weekend and will get his new orders when down there. They decided this week to get married here, where family is, before they leave.
It sure was beautiful, especially for having it thrown together in just a couple days.

I took a whole lot of shots, I mean a LOT. So, I have not even gone through half of them, but wanted to share a few. I've known Matt my whole life, we all grew up together from birth, their family is more like extended family then old neighbors.

So happy for Matt, Cori and little Adyson. What a great family. Congratulations, & thank you for serving our country.

We walked down to the Whitcomb tower, where there is an outdoor ballroom. I had asked the day before if it was okay to have them have their 'first dance' there, and it was fine.
We walked in and I said to them to dance so I could take their picture...little did Matt know, my mom brought the music, the song they had wanted to dance to, in a perfect world. As they began to dance, we turned on the music. I think Matt was truly surprised. I don't think there was a dry eye in earshot, at least speaking for myself.
The song was perfect, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, by "IZ".







They stopped off at Cafe Tosi's for a coffee, they got to sneak in a little wiff of relaxation in the day.



The railroad tracks. As kids, we all spent time up there.










These are the grapes where I grew up too. Perfectly located next to the train tracks. I was driving to meet them at the tracks and passed this. They were such good sports, exhausted, but were up to one last location...and worth it.
Congratulations!
It was quite different, I usually am on the ground, running, to take pictures of kids. This was a on the other end of the spectrum, but I enjoyed it. A challenge, but had a fabulous time. I seem to get lost when behind the camera. I don't realize what positions I get in to get the shot, until the next day. It's a little workout. :)
Off to go through many many more pictures.

2 comments:

Lou said...

Love the one of them holding hands across the railway tracks! What an awesome shot.

Nicole Wickstrom said...

Great job Jeanine!