We met Mema & Papa for dinner down by the beach. There is a pizza place next to the railroad tracks. In fact, there is an Amtrak station that is a part of the restaurant. We were waiting for our table. The kids started to get frazzled. I looked up and saw the red lights going on the train crossing. "Yes (possibly accompanied by an arm pump)!" What a treat!
Andy and I stepped out to watch the train. I had had my camera with because we were going to try and ride the new carousal that is across from where we were. Years ago there used to be an amusement area on the beach, a bit like Navy Pier in Chicago. It was closed and now there has been a resurgence to bring things back. The carousal is beautiful. Along with that there is an extension of the Curious kids museum from the bluff, and there will be a live butterfly area.
Exciting stuff. Little did I know we'd get a chance to show the kids the train so up-close!
We didn't make it in time for the carousal, but maybe this weekend.
It's coming.





Oh Nina. She would scream at me, I mean scream, when I would stop taking pictures of the train. Couldn't take pictures of anything else but the train, or she would go into, what we call, the silent scream.
This dog was funny. He kept trying to smell the train. The owner had to pull him back over and over again.
There I am. I wanted to stop taking pics, my hands were frozen. Nina instructed daddy to take the rest. Not sure why she was so upset by this, but cute.
There is the carousal. The beach is just on the other side of it.
Always nice to have those unexpected adventures! Usually those are better than the planned events...except for last night, once Nina figured out after dinner, that we weren't going to the carousal, she went back into silent scream. This time we didn't have the train to drown out the sound. Teaches us to take her out for a late night when she is already tired (ballet days do that to her, too much excitement for her little body!).
1 comment:
Great pictures!!! I'm trying to catch up...had to have my computer completely redone again and I lost all my bookmarks! Hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment