Friday, January 08, 2010

Free

I am feeling so free.
I cannot explain how incredible I am feeling. Each day better than the last.
I have been explaining it as, when you sprain your ankle your response is ouch that hurts and you can identify the pain and you know it's not normal.
I have had a few things that have caused me pain for some time. Funny thing is, I didn't realize how miserable I had become. For this specific pain, It all started in high school and has gradually gotten worse and worse over time. With it being compounding in nature, my norm was feeling miserable, but had to make do, there was nothing else I could do. Put a smile on my face and make it through the day.
So, for now, with the weird complications seeming to have taken a back seat for the time being, I am starting to feel like I haven't in many many years. I had No idea how bad I had gotten.
I feel so incredible. I can get down on the floor with the kids, make all the meals & homemade snacks, become the tickle monster, make lunches for not just Harry but Andy now too...so many things that were hit and miss in my ability before.
I feel like I have been given a new life. I still have more recovery and other ailments that will be around that I am used to. If I feel this good now, I can't imagine the fantastic adventures that we will have ahead!
Once again, thank you to everyone. Family & Friends. For the past few months, year and all the time before that, helping me and my family and sticking by my side. I am so thankful for the advice of Andy's Aunt, to not wait to have surgery. I was thinking about waiting until after Harry's birthday. At the end of summer we chatted and she brought the idea to light, why wait, I'd just be in pain for his birthday, get it done now. Thanks Aunt Nancy. Spot on!
It's been a tough road, especially the past few months, but I'm feeling blessed, and in awe that we do have two beautiful children. Again as the doctor said, they are little miracles.
Very Blessed.

2 comments:

Lou said...

Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for an update like this! So happy for you!