Friday, January 01, 2010

They are finally here!

What day is it? What time is it? The holiday running around has caught up with me.

Our Christmas cards finally went out. Like I had said earlier, there were some color issues with their printer, and then the storms hit. Two in fact. Icy winter weather and then the runnin' around storm.

This year was a common year. Wish it would have been one of those uncommon years, where the first night, within just a few pictures you have, 'The One'. But no such luck. It took 3 different nights, and over 600 pictures (towards the end of two of the nights the kids got to push the remote for pictures, it was as if there was a strobe light in our living room going off) to get one that would do.

Without further ado. Here they are.


The 5th Annual, 2009 Christmas Picture 'out-takes'.



Thought we were off to a good start.

Enjoying the thrill of control...the remote control that is.

Nina's chosen pose.



At least Harry was paying attention. He was the best this year. Maybe we should start giving out awards. Each year is someone's year to stand out. It was Harry's year for sure.


...Almost! Sigh. Harry picked that spot too. Definitely should be an award coming.

...Oh Harry. Didn't know that was going on.



Looks like Nina has her fingers in her mouth, which I realize she does. But, that is what she calls her serious face. I told her to stop making that face and she kept telling me that it was her serious face. I then told her again, please stop making your serious face. In reply I got, "But Mama! I'm making my S-ERI-OUSss face!". As if I didn't understand her the first few times, she said it slow, loud and very sternly.


Oh Nina.


So close.


You know this isn't going to end well...





Mieszko adding his own special touch to this out-take. This one actually almost made it as our Christmas photo. It about sums-up the year.


Guess we all stopped paying attention to the task at hand.


Perfect.


At the end, Nina insisted that we all go back so she could get a picture. Here she is taking it.



Now, on to sorting through the running around Christmas pictures. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will get to it, but maybe we'll be playing in the snow instead? (As I see, out the window, a new 8 inches in the past few hours.)
For those that are interested... here are links to the last four years of 'out-takes'.
Hope you all enjoyed it. More importantly, I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and here is to an Incredible new year, right! Welcome 2010. Welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor M is just like "Take a good pic so I can nap!!"

Love the outtakes...